Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Nurserve and Nursing Community Postings > Assistance for Assitants and Auxiliary's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Interview questions for HCA

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SUSAN View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote SUSAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview questions for HCA
    Posted: 04 May 2007 at 8:30pm
Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I,ve recently applied for a Maternity Support Worker (HCA) position at my local hospital I,ll be based on the labour/maternity ward. Can anyone give me an idea of the type of questions I,ll be asked if I get an interview???. I so want this position. I,m currently a full time mum to my 3 young chidren, I,ve been at home for 2 years now I,ve no experience what so ever in this field just my skills of being a mum. All my working life I,ve worked in admin/accounts so this is a big change for me. I,m hoping to train as a midwife.....eventually!!!!! I,m 30 years old now surely this counts for something.

Can anyone advise please xx
SUSAN
helvira View Drop Down

Quote helvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 11:28am
Hi Susan,

Sorry, I can't answer your question at all, but am in a similar situation to you - I am considering a job in a local nursing home - I've been a stay-at-home mum, then returned to full time work a coupla years ago ! I too have really only ever worked in offices/admin settings (apart from an 18 month stint as a school dinner lady !) and am not sure whether to apply for the position. i have thoroughly questioned my motives and believe I'm going to do this for the right reasons, but am not really sure what to expect. I am 40 next year and do wish I'd done Nursing when I was younger. I'm not able to commit to train to be a full time "proper" hospital nurse - I think I'm too old now, but think that maybe I can be just as valuable training for an NVQ (the Nursing home I'm considering applying to is offering this training. I wonder whether anyone can give me any advice/tips etc, also on interview questions etc. ? Good luck with your interview, Susan, I'm sure you'll do very well !
I'm terrified of these 4 walls, these iron bars can't hold my soul, and all I need is you....
jowalling View Drop Down

Quote jowalling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2007 at 8:21pm

Hiya

Im in the same situation with being in retail for three years and admin now for 4 months. The thing is i have against me is i am 19years old, ive wanted to be a midwife since i was 10. now i feel im ready to take on the challange and work hard (i know its going to be hard) to get where i want, but i feel my age is against me as i dont have the life experience. Your soo lucky to find a job in a maternity ward, ive been looking for months!!

Hope all goes well!!

Jo x

-x- The skys not the limit, its just the beginning! -x-
Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 9:40am
Hello Susan,Helvira and Jo,

My story is simialar to yours in that I started my nurse training when I was 34. I had been a stay at home mum with my 3 children for a few years with only a previouse history of office work. I could not get a healthcarers job and fortunately for me I had the required amount of GCSE equivalents (O'levels and and CSE's at grade 1) to go straight to university. I did not have the maths but that did not matter as they give you an maths and literacy test before you start and it was not hard!!!! and my uni also offered extra maths tuition (drugs calculations).

As far as age goes, then there were people in their 50's starting nurse training so that is not a problem

You do receive a bursary whilst you train and if your older than 24 you also get extra called mature students allowance....I think that may be because we need to buy more makeup to cover our wrinkles

Good luck
dilipv1 View Drop Down

Quote dilipv1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 11:15am
Originally posted by SUSAN

Hi,

I hope someone can help me, I,ve recently applied for a Maternity Support Worker (HCA) position at my local hospital I,ll be based on the labour/maternity ward. Can anyone give me an idea of the type of questions I,ll be asked if I get an interview???. I so want this position. I,m currently a full time mum to my 3 young chidren, I,ve been at home for 2 years now I,ve no experience what so ever in this field just my skills of being a mum. All my working life I,ve worked in admin/accounts so this is a big change for me. I,m hoping to train as a midwife.....eventually!!!!! I,m 30 years old now surely this counts for something.

Can anyone advise please xx

you can search it on Google.com by typing the following line.
interview question "Maternity Support Worker"
i am sure that you will get plenty of interview question and solution which will help u to clear the the Interview successfully. i am sure that you can do it.
thank you !!!
Nurse Jobs
(Jobsite provides Nursing, Childcare, and Social-care jobs)
hdblue View Drop Down

Quote hdblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 7:37am
Dear friends

I like Interview questions for HCA very much.

Very useful for me.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at:

Rgs
 Post Reply Post Reply