Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Nurserve and Nursing Community Postings > Assistance for Assitants and Auxiliary's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

nursing care videos

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ostin_15 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote ostin_15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nursing care videos
    Posted: 24 July 2007 at 4:42am
Can somebody give me a videos pertaining to bed making, like changing an occupied bed? Thanks.
Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2007 at 4:43am
Sorry ostin, can only give you a link to on-line operations, but can talk you through the bed making process if you need it?

You might like to ask here:Link

Good luck.
zedd View Drop Down

Quote zedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 11:41pm
It's easy peasy just watch a few people do it.
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2007 at 11:48pm
Hey zedd welcome back!

Bed making is easy when you know how, but lots of people here that are wanting to do HCA or even student nurses with no experience find it daunting! I did as I had no experience until I did some clinical skills lessons and bed making was one of them!

We had a laugh, and I learnt the art of hospital corners and then on the wards the bed making varied a lot from ward to ward!

I prefer the method where the bed linen is folded back at the feet for both sheets and outer blankets and this is because I do not like my feet to be enclosed as I have hot feet, but more importantly it prevents 'footdrop' and also prevents some bed ulcers on the heels of patients that are immobile and do not have the strength to kick off the covers to their feet!!!

Edited by Pure Maiden
welshgirl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote welshgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2007 at 9:21pm
I'm dreading this part of training, the hospital corners, whats wrong with duvets anyway
IdahoDennis View Drop Down

Quote IdahoDennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 3:17am
Welshgirl

Im sure training over there is the same as it is here, lots of good information, but some stuff you just have to do!
We need people like you and Mary to get into nursing and move up so far that you CAN CHANGE the training.
But for now just do it.

Service corpsmen (women) have to do that a lot, just nod and do it.

WE now have fitted sheets in our A&E, but they are the wrong size for the bed.

DEnnis
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2007 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by welshgirl

I'm dreading this part of training, the hospital corners, whats wrong with duvets anyway

I love duvets, but they are not a practical choice in a hospital setting due to infection control

Just imagine trying to wash a hefty duvet after every patient

Sheets are changed every day here on most wards, depending on which ward you are on and top sheets may be turned to use again if the patient has not soiled it, or it has not been contaminated with body fluids of any sort and they are long stay i.e. for more than a week

It is also not cost effective to do this and as a nurse your must, as part of your code of conduct spend public money wisely, this comes under 'Accountability' within the code of conduct! This may seem like gobbldygook right now, but in time when your do your training you can look back here and know what I mean

Post Reply Post Reply