Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Nurserve and Nursing Community Postings > Assistance for Assitants and Auxiliary's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Dealing with Death

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
colinj View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
  Quote colinj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealing with Death
    Posted: 25 July 2006 at 7:31am
how does one deal with the the recently deceased? is it scary or do you just get on with the job. Is "Plugging" the body difficult & is it a bit upsetting? As I am new to this I may find this the hardest to deal with.
Colinj
IdahoDennis View Drop Down

Quote IdahoDennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 3:51pm
Colinj

Treat the deceased with respect. Treat them as you would want someone to treat your fammily.

Dennis
vikkin23 View Drop Down

Quote vikkin23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2007 at 1:52pm
Hi not sure if this will be of any help as you posted your question quite a while ago now.

I've been an auxiliary nurse for over a year now, and that was exactly what i was dreading when i first began. I agree with what colin said. But it can be hard, especially the first few times, it gets easier but every time it's still upsetting because you care. You wouldn't be doing the job if it didn't effect you at all.

You just have to remember that it's ok to be upset, and that your doing something for this person and you know that it will be done properly and with respect.

I've found it harder when i'm close to a patient and they pass away, i just have to think that they are no longer suffering.It's hard but it does get easier.
I hope it's been some help for you. good luck in your job xx
Vikki xx
 Post Reply Post Reply