Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Working in the UK from outside the European Union > Where to start
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEssays for sale

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cey2005 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: Essays for sale
    Posted: 07 August 2005 at 10:20am
I am selling my mental health student nurse essays, as I have just recently qualified from a UK univeersity. I told was I could do this legally, howveer I must point out that they cannot be plagerised, and only used for reference purposes, or the NMC wuill not be pleased! :-)

I graduted in 2005, and started the course in 2002. Some of the ssays are multi-disiplinary, and some are related directly to the mental health nursing field, with a grade of no lower than a B+. ( I can photocpoy the marking sheets as well, but names of markers will be ommitted.)

If you tell me what the essay is about, I will see if I can be of any help to you, and send an abstract to you before you decide to send any money.

I must stress that these essays can only be used for reference purposes, so if you decide to copy it and get into trouble, I am not liable for any damge that was caused as a result of copying the essay.

Any questions, feel free to send them to:
*****@yahoo.co.uk

Edited by wizbix
Modette View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2006 at 8:16pm
Cey, Your are probably long gone from this site!, but just in case you chek in for a viewing,

I am slightly confused at your wish to help others in this area, apart from friends or those whom you know to be struggling 'big time' in their career path with assignments!

I for one am allways willing to help others, but I am wondering if the notion for this sale is to gain money or help those who need serious direction?

For those who do not understand the course they are on, I advise you seek help from your tutors.  It is only through sweating and not understanding assignments with all the tears, sleepless nights, feelings of neglecting close others and a sheer determination to do your best is the only way I can see to fulfill the desire or reason to do nursing!

Maybe you have felt all of these and wish to make life easier for some that are not academically minded?

Well, I have been in this position and it would be easy for me to give my assignments up to those who are less able to wite essays, knowing that they would be fantastic nurses otherwise!

I ask you one question and that is:

If you knew the nurse looking after you had gained a false qualification to get to be where they are, would you want them looking after you?, or someone who had been through the motions and truly understands the nature of your illness?

More importantly, the nature of course questions are changed most years to irradicate plagarism!

However I do understand the need and desire to just read an assignment to see how others have set their assignments out as a guide to what is expected!

If they did this for everyone, then I feel sure the individuality of a person would not shine, regardless of whether the assignment was good or bad, and sometimes we need to fail in some things to know where we are going wrong and to learn what we can do about improving our grades and improve on them to be the best we can!

This is all part of learning and the more we fail and re-do things, the more we learn!

Anyone agree?

Edited by Modette
rickday View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 6:03am

Hello Modette, I read you comments with interest regarding the assignments for sale post, I am a first year student and I must admit I agree with most if not all of your points, speaking from a personal point of view I know that if & when I gain my diploma I will have earned it through my hard work, endevour and self sacrifice, not through plagerism.

I also agree that assignments are a learning curve and in life sometimes you have to take one step back to go forwards. I personally have never considered this, but obviously there must be people who buy these things otherwise there wouldn't be people selling them. I would prefer to do it myself and make myself my family and friends proud and prove all the doubters wrong that thought I would never amount to anything.

linda1979 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2006 at 7:21pm
i agree to.  when i first started my course a friend of mine leant me a copy of their first essay togive me an idea of how to structure an essay. but certainly not for the content as it was on a totally different subject.  i went on to completer and get a brill mark for the assignment.  nothing was coppied i just needed the encouragement to do my essays.  i am know on my level 2 and 3 courses towards a degreee. and doing it all of my own back . enjoying it better because i have to find thing s out.
life is what you make it not what you expect
elaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:41pm
I agree with you modette.if you are wanting to look at an assignment that is good to get an idea of what is expected then I think thats a good idea and would suggest having a look at Lulu's website I have done this awhile ago none of the essays applied to me but just seeing how things were set out and phrases used really helped.If you bought someones essay one even if you change the odd word around you are still copying and lecturers have the technology now to see if it matches closely with essays around the contry (my friend is a lecturer).also the other thing is you cant garantee that its a good essay.
wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by cey2005

I am selling my mental health student nurse essays, as I have just recently qualified from a UK univeersity. I told was I could do this legally, howveer I must point out that they cannot be plagerised, and only used for reference purposes, or the NMC wuill not be pleased! :-)

I graduted in 2005, and started the course in 2002. Some of the ssays are multi-disiplinary, and some are related directly to the mental health nursing field, with a grade of no lower than a B+. ( I can photocpoy the marking sheets as well, but names of markers will be ommitted.)

If you tell me what the essay is about, I will see if I can be of any help to you, and send an abstract to you before you decide to send any money.

I must stress that these essays can only be used for reference purposes, so if you decide to copy it and get into trouble, I am not liable for any damge that was caused as a result of copying the essay.

Any questions, feel free to send them to:
pink_is_fab1984@yahoo.co.uk

I would go as far as asking if it is ethical to sell on your essays ? Think about it for one minute logically: Your mum goes in to hospital and the nurse on duty got through his or her training by copying other peoples essays, are you sure youd be happy with that ?

That last comment, I find to be the most perplexing, does stating that people 'shouldnt copy your work' mitigate your responsibility that you have for selling it in the first place ? I think not.

Its just my view but personaly I would take a dim view if it were my website.
"It is never too late to give up our prejudices.." Henry D Thoreau (1854)
Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Modette

I ask you one question and that is: If you knew the nurse looking after you had gained a false qualification to get to be where they are, would you want them looking after you?

My point also as above^^^ I used to be modette before I had login problems.

Edited by Pure Maiden
elaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 8:18pm
yes buying essays wouldnt make ur learing any easier or a better nurse
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 2:29pm
there are essays palstered all over the internet ... it doenst mean that people are gonna buy them to use as their own.... after all we all read journals, books and internet sites and dont pass them off as out won work when doing our essays so why would people use some essay that my on a similar topic but its unlikely to fit the exact criteria of a differnt uni... if its the same then if tehy did try to pass it off they would be found out... also many folk give their essays to their mates, their next door neighbours cousin, their big sisters boyfreind etc free of charge... just cos they happen to know them.

i think ethically selling them cannot be seen to be wrong... in fact its got sod all to do with ethics IMO... maorals maybe... but saying that buying them is wrong if you intend to use it only to pass exams....

but another point to add.... even if somebody did pass an essay off as their own... it doesnt neccessarily mean they arent a good nurse... a cheat yes... but not everything we write in essays has a lot to do with practicalities of caring for patients and of actually 'being a nurse'... i would be less concerend with fold write on paper and more concerned with what they can tell you and how they do the job on a clinical level.

.... sorry bit of a rant there
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Lulu

there are essays palstered all over the internet ... it doenst mean that people are gonna buy them to use as their own.... after all we all read journals, books and internet sites and dont pass them off as out won work when doing our essays so why would people use some essay that my on a similar topic but its unlikely to fit the exact criteria of a differnt uni... if its the same then if tehy did try to pass it off they would be found out... also many folk give their essays to their mates, their next door neighbours cousin, their big sisters boyfreind etc free of charge... just cos they happen to know them.

i think ethically selling them cannot be seen to be wrong... in fact its got sod all to do with ethics IMO... maorals maybe... but saying that buying them is wrong if you intend to use it only to pass exams....

but another point to add.... even if somebody did pass an essay off as their own... it doesnt neccessarily mean they arent a good nurse... a cheat yes... but not everything we write in essays has a lot to do with practicalities of caring for patients and of actually 'being a nurse'... i would be less concerend with fold write on paper and more concerned with what they can tell you and how they do the job on a clinical level.

.... sorry bit of a rant there

Ethics is the application of 'morals.' depends on your set of 'morals' though as to determine whether or not you view it as ethical or not.
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:17pm
ethics is not the application of morals its the application of ethics... some people wrongly see the 2 as interchangable but morals aare personal beliefs we hold on something whereas ethics are a particular set of standards namely... benificence, non maleficence, justice and autonomy.... none of these apply to selling essays... unless you know otherwise
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

elaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 5:57pm
[/QUOTE]

Ethics is the application of 'morals.' depends on your set of 'morals' though as to determine whether or not you view it as ethical or not.[/QUOTE]

thats what i thought
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 2:06am
morally you might find termination wrong but ethically it is not wrong it is legal... ethics are not the application of morals
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 8:14am
Lulu you need to read up on 'ethics' ethics is not the same as law: It was legal to eradicate Jews in 1940's Germany but it bloody well wasnt 'ethical'!!! Ethics goes beyond what Law and for that matter what Policies dictate.

Ethics is the 'application of morals' or the 'study of the application of morals' and 'how things can be judged moraly' according to Kenworthy et al 'common foundation studies n nursing.'

Seedhouse (2000) 'Ethics the Heart Of Health Care' also states that ethics is a 'moral endevour.' He also shows us that using a continium from 'most immoral' to 'most moral' is useful in determining how 'ethical' something is.

If i find termination wrong is because i would argue that the child has the right to life just the same as any other child disability or not other wise it is pretty discriminatory. Further it is a fairly 'utilitarian' stand point to argue otherwise.

Concentration on 'dramatic' ethics has led to a distorted view of what ethics is: ethics comes up when there is a dilema, and that can be in an everyday occurance as too - for example the dilema whether or not any good or any harm will come out of selling your essays.

Laws are not always ethical yet we are always brought up to regard breaking a law as 'immoral.' - interesting I think: consider the following:

When would stealing be considered ethical ? What if the person is likely to starve and stealing food would keep them alive ?

And when would deceiving some one be considered ethical ? A nurse who has strong views about being honest - is aware of a colleague who is involved in an adulterous affair with another colleague. He is in favour of the affair but this means the nurse has to act in a deceitful way to cover up for her.

Just my opinion mind.

Edited by wizbix
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 6:45pm
i know laws are not ethics but morals are not ethics either.... as i already stated ethics are based on the code of ethical principles of non maleficence, benficence, autonomy and justice. Ethics are study of right and wrong and the consequences on patients, relatives and colleagues

morals are your own personal beliefs and attitudes... ie what you think is morally right or wrong, they are the values you hold in your daily life and they vary from person to person.

Personal morals may not agree with professional ethics.
Nobody can tell an individual what is morally right, however they can be taught or learned.

and although i like kenworthy et al... its by no means the bible when it comes to nursing or ethics
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 9:08pm
Well exactly and kind of (at the same time):

It is very simplistic to state that ethics is about ‘what is right and what s wrong’ as it depends on situations and circumstances. Beachamp and Childress’ Four Principles of ethics are precisely that: ‘principles.’ Principles are rules that are formed from ‘morals.’

To explain: To decide what is right and what is wrong you apply your 'moral stand point' as for example the ideas behind the arguments for and the arguments against abortion. Other wise how else would you do it ? There is no set of rules ordained from on high to tell us, so it is down to morals and Beauchamp and Childress don’t tell you what it is either, they only provide you with a framework to use to gain more incite. In fact, they are not the only ones to have provided a framework to help do this; there are others out there, but this is the most commonly taught one on nursing course it seems (therefore ethics cannot be just be the application of their framework.)

You could have a whole debate about what is 'malevolent' and what is 'benevolent,' the way you view those would be based on your moral standpoint. I would go back to abortion as my example again: Some will see this (in a utilitarian way) as benevolent if it is based on the parents decision and choice, some will take a more deontological approach and claim that it is morally wrong as the foetus is alive at conception.

I am doing the same with the issue of 'selling essays': again I wou;d take the moral stand point that I would not want to be treated by a nurse that has managed to get through his/her training buying essays online - it is unethical - not to mention it isnt gonna help make that person a good nurse.

I would not cite 'Kenworthy' on its own that is why I also backed it up with Seedhouse. Neither tries to tell you what is right or wrong, In fact Seedhouse provides a 'moral continuum,' which is designed to allow the reader to work out what is right and wrong for themselves. I am also familiar with Beachamp and Childress ideas as well (obviously.)

Incidently Wikipedia (and yes many people slate it, but you can get some good info off of it) states:

"Ethics (from Greek ἦèïò meaning "custom") is the branch of axiology, one of the four major branches of philosophy, which attempts to understand the nature of morality; to distinguish that which is right from that which is wrong. The Western tradition of ethics is sometimes called moral philosophy. Ethics in plain words means studying and analyzing right from wrong."

In fact, Kenworthy is quite basic, but then it is designed for the common foundation student, that is why I have been reading a lot more in-depth.

We will have to agree to disagree as this is what we are being taught at my uni, and I am sticking with it. In addition, I find the subject very interesting and have been reading up on it quite a bit.

Thank you for your discussion Lulu, as you know I am always up for a decent debate!

But I wpuld re-iterate that if it was my forum I would not let an advertisement for the sale of essays stay for very long, based on my above argument.

Edited by wizbix
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 10:03pm
you might think its simplistic to state its the study of what right and wrong but that is what it is, thats what makes it different from morals, when you take into account personal opinions and views. the theories you state are moral theories and not etgical theories... ie deontology, untilitarinaism and consequencialism

you think selling essays is morally wrong it is not ethically wrong as it doesnt do any harm, it may do good, its up to the individual to buy or not and anybody who wants to can buy them.

the selling is not unethical... the buyer however maybe unethical if they use them to cheat.... consequently they may pass when they dont know anything... tehy arent doing for the the greater good,but in its self buying them isnt wrong... i hope you understand... perhaps its you thats need to brush up on your ethics... im very well aware of what is an ethical ad what is a moral problem... you dont seem to have grasped the difference.

my information came from ...
Downie & Calman, Husted & Husted and Singleton & McLaren

and also thought you might find these useful...

http://www.ethics-network.org.uk/
http://www.sohp.soton.ac.uk/manethics/ses1.htm
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 10:35pm
Thank you for the links.

This has the real prospects of turning in to a panto: hes behind you... no hes not for ages type scenario:

Some links I think are also useful are:

http://www.josephsoninstitute.org/MED/MED-1makingsense.htm

http://ethics.acusd.edu/index.asp

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/decision/whatisethics.h tml

I would still opt to argue that ethics is a moral endevour (any of the links above and the refernces I have used in my earlier postings support this,) and as our morals obviously differ than we arent going to agree on whether selling your essays are ethical or not.

I still feel that claiming it is ethical is simply used to negate any obligation on the part of the seller. I also believe your moral stand point to be in the minority on here: it would be intersting to hear from any one else at this point:

P.s. your second link has a list of ethical theories, perhaps you need to re-examine it as deonotology and consequentualism are definetly in it. Re your first statement in your last post.

Edited by wizbix
Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 11:12pm
Ok peoples calm down!

Here is my view on the subject!

I will leave the ethical and legal stuff to you guys!

1. I think it is wrong to sell essays!

2. I think it is nice to see how an essay is laid out and how it reads and only because it is nice to see what might be expected!

3. I think that offering an essay free of charge is a good thing.

4. I think that most universitys have different subjects and also different angles on topics and what they expect to read, according to the subject and the module one is taking!

5. I think that where references are omitted, it is hard to plagarise as you have to link what you have said to source!

6. I think that sharing of information regarding assignments is a good thing when you personally know who you are sharing with and why they are struggling!

7. I think that sharing essays over the net is helpful, but one must remember that plagarism is difficult without references and how does a buyer of an essay know if that is what is expected of them in their own individual assignment within their own field?

8. I think that those who sell complete essays including references are fools, because chances are they are the ones most likey to be plagarised and most probably will pass, as no idiot would post an essay unless they got great marks or thought it fantastic!

9. How do you check that an assignment is a good one?

10. An assignment may receive great marks, but unless you attend the same uni and the assignment questions are the same, then how do you know what is good or crap?

No I do not agree with selling essays!, but I do agree with sharing and helping your friends, family etc...and only if you know them to be genuine and fully capable of doing the job they signed up for i.e. Nursing in this case and no assignment without references is any good to anyone eccept for guidance on what is to be expected!

wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 9:34pm
Doesnt 'Downie and Calman' try to address the 'moral dilemas' that are fundemental to the 'work of the health professional' ?

Seems an interesting book, cheers.
smiler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 11:12pm
blimey a nother lenghty question. the day will come that we can keep the length of answers down to a few lines. in future could we just quote the book the page and the paragraph. could be better.

dont know about others but i get fed up of reading lenthy things on here.
smiler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2006 at 11:13pm
sorry if i seem a bit short with that but sometimes i think we go to indepth into answers.
wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2006 at 9:09am
The only thing is that it os often hard to give one or two sentence answers.

I for example say it is unethical, and then the next poster says that im wrong, then that wont actually inform any one of much, but a well put argument perhaps could.

This one did go on abit though I admit that.
elaine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:24pm
wiz ur an excellent debater I like anyone who can challenge lulu lol
wizbix View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2006 at 6:33pm
Catrina Jones View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2007 at 5:41pm
Anyone have a literature review on oral care in intubated patients' for sale? Catrina.
 Post Reply Post Reply