Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Nurserve and Nursing Community Postings > Assistance for Assitants and Auxiliary's
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Auxillary nursing

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Kez21 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Kez21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auxillary nursing
    Posted: 14 November 2006 at 2:20pm
hi im new been considering nursing for a while now but unsure about how to go about it??
i havent any qualifications apart from a few GCSE's and i'm married with kids and am afraid that lack of money may mean i have to pull out of any training!!any ideas would be great i've heard about auxillary nursing but was told by another that it wasnt available any more??please any help would be gratefully taken into action!!
Lulu View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2006 at 12:48am
hi kez

you check out here or nhs careers website for auxiallry jobs.... now sometimes called hca (health care assistant) or csw (clinical support worker).

if you get a job as an axillary some trusts will second you (pay you at your current salary) to do your training... you usually have to be working for a trust for at least a year but some time s longer as there can be alot of competition for these places....

and at the moment their is a financial crisis within the health centre so many trusts have out their secondments on hold as they cannot afford it.

good luck
Lulu EN RN RM FPC

Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 1:21am
Kev,

You do so much already to support and partake in the drugs trials like you do!! I am very aware that you wish to start your nursing in February and I feel that you will acomplish this when you are fit and ready!

I know you are an active viewer of at least three nursing sites and all I say to you is this:

Be yourself and remember why you wish to be a nurse, it is not an easy road and there is much learning to be done! your health and family come first and you need to make sure these are prioroties in your life!

You will get a bursary of approximately £534 pounds per month if you choose the diploma and less for doing the degree. Don't quote me on this as I am not sure as the exact amount

You have a load of net friends here to help you and I advise you if you decide to take up nursing and I hope you do as you have shown both empathy, mature and sensable debate and honesty in your posts both in here and student-nurse and also NurseGateway!!!

I do hope you re-gain your health after being the guinea pig for science and start doing what I think what you will be best at and that is a nurse!

I will talk to you when you feel better and have a great christmas period and you rest and take care Kev!

Edited by Pure Maiden
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 1:55pm
I am not so sure that is true!!!
smiler View Drop Down

Quote smiler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2006 at 5:16pm
another way round it have you thought of contacting the open uni to see if you can gain a nursing qualification while you work...... if you earn under 15500 you can qualify for a grant so you dont have to pay anything.

dont know for sure on this as i am unable to do my nurse training due to health problems but am doing a degree through the open uni while i work.

Go to www.open.ac and login
kev21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kev21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2007 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Pure Maiden

Kev,

You do so much already to support and partake in the drugs trials like you do!! I am very aware that you wish to start your nursing in February and I feel that you will acomplish this when you are fit and ready!

I know you are an active viewer of at least three nursing sites and all I say to you is this:

Be yourself and remember why you wish to be a nurse, it is not an easy road and there is much learning to be done! your health and family come first and you need to make sure these are prioroties in your life!

You will get a bursary of approximately £534 pounds per month if you choose the diploma and less for doing the degree. Don't quote me on this as I am not sure as the exact amount

You have a load of net friends here to help you and I advise you if you decide to take up nursing and I hope you do as you have shown both empathy, mature and sensable debate and honesty in your posts both in here and student-nurse and also NurseGateway!!!

I do hope you re-gain your health after being the guinea pig for science and start doing what I think what you will be best at and that is a nurse!

I will talk to you when you feel better and have a great christmas period and you rest and take care Kev!

Just noticed this Pure ,been off this forum a while think youve got me mixed up with kez who posted the question. to you katie.

Edited by kev21
goodness returns threefold
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 5:37pm
kev, I was a bit confused as I knew you had told me you were starting your nursing, It was the football pik and everything else was the same except the v, Oh well made me laugh, sorry kez21
kev21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kev21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 5:58pm
No probs Katie had to look twice myself ,haha ,they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.kev
smithy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote smithy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 6:24pm
Smiler wrote 'another way round it have you thought of contacting the open uni to see if you can gain a nursing qualification while you work...... if you earn under 15500 you can qualify for a grant so you dont have to pay anything'.
You can only undertake this form of training to be a reg nurse if you are already employed by a trust as a hca and have had one or two years experience, you would also need qualifications to get onto the course minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivelent plus Maths and english.
kev21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kev21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2007 at 11:39pm
Kez21 i would consider applying to a local college for an access to nursing diploma , you dont need any formal qualifications to get on this course ,if you where sucessfull this would give you the opportunaty to apply for a rn dip nursing.Not sure where your based but an example of this is here this is run throught the country.   kev Access to nursing example

Edited by kev21
Nursesanmi View Drop Down

Quote Nursesanmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 11:28am
Dear Board I need help and Advice

My Name is Oluwasanmi Adewunmi Akinbade, I am a Nigerian and I currently reside in Ghana.

I have a very little Private business that I operate and I have been trying to attend a nursing School for sometime now but because of the structure of the Economy and work I cannot seem to Run my business and go to the Nursing School as the fees is About $500 per semester for 3 years.

I have the honest desire to work as a nurse and I will want you to advice me with any program that fits me. I am ready to learn and work at the same time.

Regards

I am very Much Interested In The EDUCATION
Where there a will there is a way. I will start from 0 to My Goal :^:
karen59 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote karen59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:35pm
the nursing schools can give best advice or a college that deals with nursing. You have to look at the type of nursing available (mental health, adult, childre, learning disabilities), find out what is involved and what suits you best and then take the next step. best of luck. karen
sally View Drop Down

Quote sally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 4:24pm
HI I STARTED MY ACCESS TO NURSING LAST YEAR BUT HALF WAY THOUGH I HAD TO STOP FOR FAMILY REASONS. I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK AND TRY AGAIN BUT I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS TO LATE. I FEEL REALLY UNSURE, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.
sally eyers
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2007 at 10:14pm
THIS IS THE 2ND TIME I HAVE TRIED TO REPLY TO YOUR POST SALLY!!!! Sorry for that the forum goes down for reasons I do not know about or why?

I asked you at what point in your access course did you give up, was it less or more than 12 weeks? I need to know this before I can answer your post!

regards Pure!
 Post Reply Post Reply