Nurserve Homepage

Forum Home Forum Home > Nurserve and Nursing Community Postings > How do I become a Nurse??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Qualifications for Auxiliary Nursing

Uniform Dating
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sarah1 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Sarah1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Qualifications for Auxiliary Nursing
    Posted: 12 December 2006 at 1:37pm
I would really like to become an Auxiliary Nurse, and have looked it up on the internet.

I have beeen told that i need to recieve an NVQ level 2, but in what subject, or does that not matter??

Any help on how people did it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Pure Maiden View Drop Down
Super Nurserve
Super Nurserve

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Pure Maiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2006 at 9:11am
Hello Sarah and welcome to Nurserve

Auxililiay nurse has now been replaced with the title healthcare assistant and getting started is hard as most care homes, bank work with a hospital like people who have some experience, it is just finding an employer that will be prepared to take you on from scratch.

You can work towards your NVQ's on the job and your employer usually actively encourage you to do this with them.

Another way is to do an access to nursing course, contact your local colleges and universities to find out who offers this in your area. If you complete and pass the access course then this can get you into uni to train to be a nurse

Failing this then you could offer yourself as a volunteer and this in turn could lead to a job offer.

Good luck.

Post Reply Post Reply